BEHIND THE LINES ADULT WORKSHOP
This session will have a specific focus on Music & Poetry, exploring his music and compositions written during and influenced by his experiences of the First World War.
No experience necessary. All instrumentalists, vocalists and abilities welcome. Refreshments included.
- Cost: Free
- Date: No further adult workshops are currently scheduled
- Time: 3.15pm – 6pm
- Venue: Westminster Music library, Victoria Library, 160 Buckingham Palace Road, SW1W 9UD
- Enquiries: 020 7641 6200
About the Adult Workshop series
This workshop forms part of a series of six independent music-making and exploratory workshops, examining key compositions and composers from the First World War through a creative approach.
- Participation in Behind the Lines activities is free of charge.
- These workshops are open to ADULTS (18+).
- Carers will need to also reserve a place for themselves and will be encouraged to participate where appropriate.
- Priority will be given to participants who live and work in the London boroughs: City of Westminster or Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
- However, interested participants from other areas may register their interest here or by ringing the booking number, to be put on a waiting list, and will be notified of any available spaces one week prior to events.
- Participants do not need to have prior musical experience, just an interest in either the subject matter or participatory music workshops with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Any level of musical ability is welcome and accessible instruments and resources will be provided.
- Participants who own and play instruments are encouraged to bring them along.
- Sessions will be hosted at Westminster Music Library.
- Sessions will be facilitated by a professional RPO workshop leader and team of three musicians from the Orchestra
Register your interest in future workshops here.